ABOUT THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
|Click on photo to zoom in.|
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
AUDITIONS, Saturday August 23rd, 2019**
The application process for Operation Triple Threat (OTT) requires a few steps.
Each step is explained in detail below. Here is a check list to make sure you won't forget a thing:
1. Application Form
2. Head shot
3. Processing fee
4. Live Audition
5. Student & Parent Interviews
For information about late applications/auditions please scroll down.
1) APPLYING- EARLY Deadline- August 21st, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates MUST submit an official online application form to be considered for auditions.
APPLICATION FORM: 2020- 2021 Application Form- 7-11 Group.
2) HEAD SHOT
Each applicant must submit one head shot on audition day (or via mail if submitting a video audition).
- Size: 8" x 10"
- Orientation: Portrait
Each head shot should be clearly labelled at the back with the applicants:
- Telephone Number and/or Cell number
- Email Address
3) AUDITION PROCESSING FEE: Early $30.00 | Late $40.00
WAIVER: If you are unable to pay the application fee you can apply for a fee waiver at the end of the application form. See below for more details.
PLEASE BRING YOUR PAYMENT TO THE LIVE AUDITION LOCATION:
OTT Academy, Wildey St. Michael. GOOGLE MAP LINK: https://goo.gl/maps/A5cEVppktrvpAxtM7
APPLICATION FEE WAIVER
The request for an application fee waiver must be accompanied by a signed supporting letter/recommendation (Word Doc. / PDF file) from a teacher, principal, community leader, pastor/priest/reverend that confirms your eligibility for a waiver. The letter can also be uploaded to the form.
4) 7-11 Group AUDITION PREP INFO.
Auditions, and the art of auditioning, are integral to the growth and development of all artists. There is no need to be intimidated by the audition process. Our judges are very encouraging and give helpful feedback.
- If you are on the island you must do the live audition.
- You may submit a video audition ONLY if you are going to be out of the island on audition days.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR LIVE AUDITIONS
1) SING - Prepare a one-minute / 16-bar portion of a song, which showcases your vocal ability and range.
- Candidates should sing their musical selection a cappella or provide recorded accompaniment.
- Candidates should also perform/act the song to showcase their acting ability.
- Please time selections carefully.
2) OTT Group Dance Audition
At the live audition, candidates should be prepared to take part in a group dance audition.
Please wear flexible clothing to the live audition in colours that compliment your skin tone.
4) Call backs
- Call backs are additional rounds of auditions that help us make decisions about candidates.
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for “call-backs” on audition day OR be called in during the week(s) following auditions.
PLEASE ALSO SEE below for:
- OTHER LIVE AUDITION INFO & FOR LINKS TO HELPFUL AUDITION TIPS.
- HOW TO PREPARE FOR VIDEO AUDITIONS.
The final round of the admission process is an interview. At least one parent must accompany students (if under the age of 18 years) to the Interview. If you make it through call-backs, you'll receive an email or call about your interview. Interviews are either done in person or Zoom.
ADDITIONAL LIVE AUDITION INFO
MUSICAL ACCOMPANIMENT/BACKING TRACKS
**Please note that Accompaniment/Backing tracks for Singing Auditions is OPTIONAL**
- You may also bring your music on an IPOD / MP3-Player / Cell phone.
- Make sure to create a separate playlist for the track for your audition.
- Bring your IPOD in a clearly labelled Ziploc bag, with your name and the song title(s) written on it.
- PHONES must be placed on airplane mode before submitting them for the audition.
- Remember to PICK UP all IPODS / MP3-Players / Cell phones as you exit the audition.
- Operation Triple Threat will not be held responsible for any lost/stolen items.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR VIDEO AUDITIONS
(For International Applicants OR persons who cannot make it to the live auditions).
1) Prepare a one-minute ' 16-bar portion of a song, which showcases your vocal ability and range.
· Candidates should sing their musical selection a cappella or provide recorded accompaniment.
· Candidates should also perform/act the song to showcase their acting ability.
· Please time selections carefully.
2) Prepare a 1-minute Dance solo.
· Dance solos can be any genre of dance
· Your dance solo must adequately show off your ability to move to music.
· Please make sure there are no distracting backgrounds in your video and that we can see your entire body.
3) Prepare a 1 to 2-minute Monologue.
· Monologues must be from published plays
· Monologues cannot be the candidates original work
· You should clearly state the name of the author and the title of the work before performing it.
SUBMISSION OF VIDEO AUDITIONS
- Video auditions can be submitted electronically via our online form.
- Please clearly label your file: "LAST NAME, First Name OTT2020-DISCIPLINEAudition". Eg: DOE,JohnOTT2020-DANCEAudition.”
>>Make sure you that your name, as well as the title and author / composer of each piece you are performing is clearly stated in the recording.
HELPFUL AUDITION TIPS
Operation Triple Threat is in no way affiliated to the following companies or institutions below.
LATE APPLICATIONS / AUDITIONS
- You may submit a late video audition.
- Please scroll up for the video requirements.
- FEE: $40.00
LATE LIVE AUDITIONS
- Private live auditions are only an option if you have missed the group Live Audition date. These auditions are subject to the schedule /availability of OTT staff members.
- FEE: $100.00 plus the LATE APPLICATION FEE: $40.00.
Please note that Late Video & Private auditions are also subject to our enrolment quota.